Four professionals who have long been involved in creating Cultures of Gentleness for people who challenge the system will discuss their thoughts on these and other topics.
Questions they will answer include:
1. How do you motivate staff to buy into the concept of a Culture of Gentleness (C0G)?
2. What resources do you recommend for training staff in a CoG?
3. What role do administrators play in the creation of a CoG?
4. Can you describe one of your biggest successes in working with a person who challenged you? What are a couple of the key reasons for the success?
5. What role can a supports coordinator play in the creation of a CoG?
6. Do you visual schedules for those you support? How did you get your staff to buy into using them?
7. What advice would you give to people listening in on working with a person who presents significant challenges?
8. What advice would you give to someone who feels they are the only one at their agency who wants to create a CoG? of mental health and self-determination in Michigan.
The last half hour or so will be dedicated to answering the questions of those attending the webinar.