Expert listeners are not passive. They are strategic, structured and purposeful in how they engage others. Listening is a skill that can be learned, and this event helps participants gain proficiency in how to listen.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a collaborative, research-based dialogue process that strengthens the motivation for change in people you support. This interactive event helps participants learn how to bring awareness to individuals about the discrepancy between their current behavior and their future goals. You will learn how to empower them to make meaningful life changes.
Participants specifically learn how to:
• Create dialogue with a range of individuals and families, identifying current behavior and future goals.
• Help individuals overcome internal resistance to change.
• Engage and empower people to make meaningful changes, employing Motivational Interviewing.
• Focus on “Change Talk” and “the Stages of Change” to help people identify and achieve their goals.
• Increase motivation, empowering people to move thorough the change process.